Friday, July 13, 2012

A-Z Challenge!

So I’ve decided to add this Challenge along with my Summer Challenge but to make it a little more challenging to myself, I have decided I can only use books that I have in my collection already. This will help me greatly on my book-buying-ban. I’m sure it will make my husband happy also.

The A-Z challenge is supposed to go from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012 but I’m obviously a little late in the game so I’m not sure I will get them all done by then (although I will try). I’m giving myself until July of 2013 to finish the list.
The Rules for the A-Z Challenge are as follows:
 
1) Create the list ahead of time with everything you plan on reading. (This is what I am doing)
Or
2)     Fill in the list as you read and when you get to the end try to fill in the letters that are missing.

The books need to start with the letter and you can ignore articles such as “A” or “The.” I have also seen some variations that include using the Authors first or last name. This is what I am doing. Letters that are hard to use, such as “X” or “Q,” can be found anywhere in the title or name.

Here is the list I have come up with so far. I have added links for Goodreads or Amazon if you wish to purchase the book.  I will add the link to the reviews as I finish each book. Just click on the Title. 
 
A: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Seth Grahame-Smith   Goodreads|Amazon
B: Birthright – Nora Roberts    Goodreads|Amazon
C: Coraline (Graphic Novel) - Neil Gaiman    Goodreads|Amazon
D: Delirium – Lauren Oliver    Goodreads|Amazon
E: Emily The Strange: Dark Times - Rob Reger, Jessica Gruner   Goodreads|Amazon
F: Fifty Shades of Grey – E. L. James    Goodreads|Amazon
G: {The} Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - Catherynne M. Valente    Goodreads|Amazon
H: Hush, Hush – Rebecca Fitzpatrick    Goodreads|Amazon
I: If I Stay - Gayle Forman   Goodreads|Amazon
J: Justice – Karen Robards    Goodreads|Amazon
K: {A} Kiss in Time - Alex Flinn   Goodreads|Amazon
L: {The} Devil in the White City - Eric Larson   Goodreads|Amazon
M: Midnight Bayou - Nora Roberts   Goodreads|Amazon
N: Numbers - Rachel Ward   Goodreads|Amazon
O: One for the Money - Janet Evanovich   Goodreads|Amazon
P: {The} Physick book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe   Goodreads|Amazon
Q: Prince of Wolves - Quinn Loftis   Goodreads|Amazon
R: Running Scared - Lisa Jackson   Goodreads|Amazon
S: Shades of Grey - Jasper Fforde   Goodreads|Amazon
T: Two for the Dough - Janet Evanovich  Goodreads|Amazon
U: UnEnchanted - Chanda Hahn   Goodreads|Amazon
V: {The} Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events #7) - Lemony Snicket   Goodreads|Amazon
W: Wish You Were Dead - Todd Strasser   Goodreads|Amazon
X: XVI - Julia Karr  Goodreads|Amazon
Y:
Z: {The} Book Thief - Markus Zusak   Goodreads|Amazon
 
The A-Z Challenge was created by Babies, Books, and Signs.

Let me know if you have decided to do a challenge too!
-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!