Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Reading Challenge!

I thought I would try something fun for the summer. I found this through YouTube and it is put on by Kates Book Club. I couldn't resist. I need something that is going to get me to read all those books sitting on my shelf!

1. One Book Recommended By A Friend. (REVIEW HERE)
My best friend will know this is because of her but I have to chose Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I doubt I need to tell anyone what that is about!
2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year. (REVIEW HERE)
I'm choosing Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts for this one. I can't remember if it's been sitting for a year but I'm sure it's one of the older ones that has yet to be read.
3. One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember. (REVIEW HERE)
I'll be choosing a weird one for this one (my husband says I'm cheating) but it's perfect. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz.
4. One Book From Your To Be Read List. (REVIEW HERE)
Ha this is like half the books on my shelf. So I'll just pick a book I'll be reading this month. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith. I would really like to see the movie so, of course, I need to read the book first.
5. One Book You've Never Heard Of.
Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser. I picked this up randomly at Half Priced Books. I had never heard of it but the title sounded interesting and of course it has sat on my shelf ever since.
6. One Classic.
I picked up a Charles Dickens book from Barnes and Noble that included Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities. I "read" (I use that term loosely) Great Expectations in school so this is a good reason to read A Tale of Two Cities.
7. One Book You Started But Never Finished.
There is only one book on my Goodreads "had-to-stop" shelf, so I knew right away what this would be.  Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts.
8. One New Release.
Since I am on a book-buying-ban I can't go buy a new release so the book I have with the latest release (August, 2011) would be Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I'm dying to read this anyway
9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. That book definitely falls into a genre that I usually pass right over. However I got it and the sequal really cheap so I grabbed them up.
10. One Chunkster (A Book That Is Over 400 Pages).
Even though Delirium and a couple other books on this list fall into this category, or at least close to it. This is another good reason to read a book that I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet. The Book Theif by Markus Zusak, which comes in at 552 pages. I have heard such good things about this so I'm excited for this one.
I'm glad I stumbled across this and I can't wait to do another challenge! I'm not sure if I can do all of these by the end of summer but I'll try. My goal is get a really good chunk of my books read by the start of next year so I can get some more for Christmas!
Let me know if you decide to do this too!
-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!