Saturday, July 7, 2012

Review: Warehouse 13 Volume 1 (Graphic Novel) by Ben Morse








Warehouse 13 Volume 1
Author: Ben Morse
Release Date: July 10, 2012
Publisher: Dynamite Entertainment
Enter a world of endless wonder as Syfy's smash-hit dramedy makes its comic book debut!


When a series of sudden, unexplained sinkholes appear beneath the streets of Rio de Janeiro, the Warehouse team heads down to Brazil in the middle of Carnival to uncover the cause. What they discover is that someone is using an ancient artifact to move massive chunks of earth and mine huge, underground gold deposits. With the ground becoming increasingly unstable, our heroes find themselves in a race to retrieve the artifact before the entire city collapses!
Written by the writers of Warehouse 13, this thrilling, 5-issue action-adventure/mystery series has been bagging and tagging fans of the show and new readers alike! Collecting the 5-issue series in one volume, along with bonus material and a cover gallery.


First thing I would like to say is that I love this show. I was hooked when I forgot my computer and book for work and was forced to watch TV all day. There was a marathon for this show and I loved it from minute one.
This is the first graphic novel I have read so I really don't know what "the norm" is or what the difference between a good or bad graphic novel is but overall I did like this. As it states in the synopsis it includes 5 "episodes" all of them tie in together to create a story. I liked all of the stories but I'd have to say my favorite was the 5th episode. I could really feel the drama in the background narration that was going on.
As for the graphics themselves, I felt that in some scenes the characters looked a lot like the actors/actresses on the show but in some scenes with different angels they didn't look like them at all. This didn't really bother me though because I know it's a graphic novel and my impression is that they aren't really supposed to be right on (if that makes any sense at all). I'll make a note to pick up some more graphic novels so I can get a better feeling for them.
I would highly recommend reading this from the physical form. I read it on the computer and it was not really working out well. It was much harder to read because I needed to zoom in and it took longer to read since I had to keep scrolling up and down from frame to frame.
I could not find this book on Goodreads so the title link is to Amazon. I highly recommend checking out the tv show if you have never seen it.

Read on: Computer
Rating: 


*This book was provided by NetGalley and the publisher in return for an honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!