Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bookish Buys #1 & Weekly Wrap-up


This is where I show everything I that I bought, borrowed, or just added to my bookshelf over the past week. I throw together Showcase Sunday and Stacking the Shelves in one post.  I also include a wrap-up of everything that was posted to the blog this past week.

Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits, and Tea. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Team at Tynga’s Reviews. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.

I still can’t get my camera to hold a charge for some reason so there will be no video this week. Which is a bummer because there is sooooo much stuff. Someone (i.e. me!) will be going on a book buying break for the next few weeks.

The first obvious thing that is bookish related for this week is my new blog look! I have my wonderfully loving husband, Jason, to thank for all this. Everything has been redone, including this post, and we are still working on a couple more things to make it even better! I just absolutely love it! There will also be a new (possibly weekly) post that will be joining the blog.

{Bought}

I just happened to be out of town last weekend and there just happened to be a Half Priced Books Outlet in that same town, which just happened to be having a half off kids/YA sale. I of course had to go.

 


Simpsons Comics: Barn Burger by Matt Groening (I am an idiot… I already own this)

Cloaked by Alex Flinn


Boy Proof by Cecil Castellucci

Then I have had two separate shopping trips to my normal Half Priced Books.



 

Glass (Crank, #2) by Ellen Hopkins

Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan (Wow… I already had this one too.)

The Death of Bees by Lisa O’Donnell

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

Cinema Panopticum by Thomas Ott (This book is made completely of drawings. No words. It looks pretty neat!)

Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks

UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neil Shusterman (This is signed!!)

 

I attended my first library book sale this week and I had way to much fun. Juvenile hardbacks were $1 and paperbacks were 25 cents! I couldn’t stop! Pretty much every book I picked up is in perfect condition except for one. I just wish there was some way to get the plastic covering off.





 

I Saw Esau: The Schoolchild’s Pocket Book by Iona & Peter Opie (I was obsessed with this book when I was in elementary school. I freaked out when I saw it, even though it isn’t in the best condition.)




Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams (I have never heard of this but it is in perfect condition and it had no plastic covering so I just went ahead and grabbed it.)

Buried (Goth Girl Mystery, #1) by Linda Joy Singleton

Push by Sapphire

Loss (Riders of the Apocalypse, #3) by Jackie Morse Kessler (Does anyone know if I need to read these in order or are they just companion novels?)

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr (I own the first one but haven’t read it. I couldn’t pass up a perfect book for so cheap!)

Slide (Slide, #1) by Jill Hathaway

I also bought 13 children’s books, 10 of them came from the library book sale. I told you I went overboard this week.

{Borrowed}

I had a couple books that I had requested from the library come in that I was pretty excited about.



Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony & Rodrigo Corral (Already read this. Review will be up sometime this week.

This Week on Laura in Bookland

{Features}

Mini Monday #48Jack the Tripper by Gene Barretta
                                          
First Grade Stinks by Mary Ann Rodman

2B Tuesday #45Envy by Gregg Olsen

Wishlist Wednesday #54Wake by Lisa McMann

{Reviews}

Doll Bones by Holly Black

Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol

How was your week? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is a massive haul!! It's great that you could get such great deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to get deals on all the books I buy. If I didn't I would really be broke! haha. I usually only buy full priced books when I have a gift card or something.

      Delete
  2. So many books and they all look like good books! I hope you enjoy your books, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope they all turn out to be good.

      Delete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!