Friday, March 8, 2013

Mini Review: The Queen's Army by Marissa Meyer

I do mini review for short stories/novellas or Children’s books that don’t fit into my “Mini Monday”. These books get a smaller review but still get a star rating.

*WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST BOOK!*

The Queen’s Army by Marissa Meyer
Lunar Chronicles, #1.5
ebook, Free Edition, 18 pages

Published
November 23rd 2012 by Tor.com
Goodreads | Amazon

It is time. The boy must leave his family to serve in the Queen’s army. To be chosen is an honor. To decline is impossible. The boy is modified. He is trained for several years, and learns to fight to the death. He proves to the Queen -- and to himself -- that he is capable of evil. He is just the kind of soldier the Queen wants: the alpha of his pack.
 


I was in the mood to read some novellas last night so I decided with Scarlet on my tbr for the month that I should probably read this one. Check out my review for Cinder HERE.

One disappointing thing about this story is that the synopsis gives away what happens. I hate it when that happens and that is why I don’t usually read them. In this case I’m glad I didn’t because the ending was rather a surprise to me.
 
This is a very short novella from the point of view of a Lunar named Z. He has been chosen to be modified to fight in the Queen’s army. In the first book the people of Earth find out that the Queen has a Lunar army that is just waiting. Now you get to find out what they are! (The cover sort of gives it away though).
 
I was a little disappointed at how short it was but it was still exciting to read. I’m curious to see if we will meet Z in another book. This also made me excited to start reading Scarlet!

I recommend picking it up if you want a little more info and a really quick read.

My Rating:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!