Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Hardcover
, 1st Edition, 387 pages
Published January 3rd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends
Goodreads|Amazon


Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

Loved it! I thought this was great retelling of Cinderella. I really liked that there were certain scenes in the book where you could see that it was a retelling but the author still did a good job at keeping the story her own.

Pearl, Adri, and Queen Lavana I did not like at all but then again that is the point of the story. They were very good characters. Prince Kai, Peony, and Iko I really liked as characters.

The only thing was that I guessed the outcome pretty early in the book. Of course I didn’t know how it was going to happen and I was still a little surprised by a couple things and I still thought it was a great book.

I can’t wait to read the rest of the series! I highly recommend you read this if you haven’t yet.
My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!