Friday, March 8, 2013

Mini Review: The New World by Patrick Ness

I do mini review for short stories/novellas or Children’s books that don’t fit into my “Mini Monday”. These books get a smaller review but still get a star rating.

*WARNING! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST BOOK!*

The New World by Patrick Ness
Chaos Walking, #0.5
Published September 27th 2010 by Candlewick Press
Goodreads | Amazon

In this dramatic prequel to the award-winning Chaos Walking Trilogy, author Patrick Ness gives us a short story of Viola's journey to the New World.

  
Wow, just wow. I read the first book in the Chaos Walking trilogy back in November and absolutely loved it. Check out my review for that HERE. I saw this prequel for free on Amazon and of course had to pick it up.

I loved seeing Viola’s journey to the new world and what happened to her parents. I would have loved to see how she survived up until she met Todd and how she dealt with the crazy preacher. However, I do think it ended in a good spot. I love Patrick Ness’s writing style and reading this book made me so excited to read the second book in the trilogy. I really just want to go pick it up right now.

I definitely suggest picking this book up. I also suggest reading the “The Knife of Never Letting Go” before reading the prequel.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!