Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2B Tuesday #14

I hope everyone is having a great day!

 

 

2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your e-reader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!

Want to participate? Here’s how!

 
  • Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
  • Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word!
  • Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
  • Leave the link to your post below.
Read others posts and enjoy!

The Miserable Mill by Lemony Snicket
(A Series of Unfortunate Events #4)
Paperback
, 194 pages
Published 2001 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2000)
Goodreads|Amazon

Dear Reader,

I hope for your sake, that you have not choosen to read this book because you are in the mood for a pleasant experience. If this is the case, I advise you to put this book down instantaneously, because of all the books describing the unhappy lives of the Baudelaire orphans, The Miserable Mill might be the unhappiest yet. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudeliare are sent to Paltryville to work in a lumbermill, and they find disaster and misfortune luring behing every log.

The pages of this book, I'm sorry to inform you, contain such unpeasantries as a giant pincher machine, a bad casserole, a man with a cloud of smoke where his head should be, a hypnotist, a terrible accident resulting in injury, and coupons.

I have promised to write down the entire history of these three poor children, buy you haven't, so if you prefer stories that are more heartwarming, please feel free to make another selection.

With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket

 

This should really include #4-#13 because I own all but  (I think) #10 and #11. I really enjoyed the first three books so I have no doubt I will enjoy this one too. I had actually never heard of these books until the movie came out.
 
 

What are your thoughts on this book? Should I get to it soon?
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!