Tuesday, December 4, 2012

2B Tuesday #11

2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your e-reader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!
Want to participate? Here’s how!
  •  Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
  • Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word!
  • Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
  • Leave the link to your post below.

Read others posts and enjoy!

Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron by Author
Paperback
, 390 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated (first published January 1st 2009)

Goodreads|Amazon
Hundreds of years in the future, after the Something that Happened, the world is an alarmingly different place. Life is lived according to The Rulebook and social hierarchy is determined by your perception of colour.

Eddie Russett is an above average Red who dreams of moving up the ladder by marriage to Constance Oxblood. Until he is sent to the Outer Fringes where he meets Jane – a lowly Grey with an uncontrollable temper and a desire to see him killed.

For Eddie, it’s love at first sight. But his infatuation will lead him to discover that all is not as it seems in a world where everything that looks black and white is really shades of grey...

If George Orwell had tripped over a paint pot or Douglas Adams favoured colour swatches instead of towels . . . neither of them would have come up with anything as eccentrically brilliant as Shades of Grey



This book sounds really good. It has a pretty high rating on Goodreads and that usually means something so I trust it.
I couldn’t imagine only being able to see the color grey. My husband might argue with you though because I do wear a lot of grey.
Oh and Priscilla from The Readables on YouTube loved this book which really makes me want to read it.

Have you read this? What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I borrowed this out of the library but I never actually got around to reading it before I had to return it. I'm definitely gonna check it out again though when I know I'll have time to read it.
    Hope you get to read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!