Monday, December 3, 2012

Mini Monday Review #14



Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Usually it ends up being a “Mini Review” but if it is related to children’s books then talk about it here!

Big Blue by Vanita Oeslchlager, Kristin Blackwood (Illustrator)
Hardcover
, 32 pages
Published September 1st 2008 by Vanita Books
Goodreads|Amazon

Big Blue is a cautionary tale for all of us, but especially children who may not realize that their actions can have unexpected consequences. Big Blue is a happy bird, and a member of a large family that spends their winters in the warm south. Big Blue gets lazy though and instead of working, he lies about, eating and sleeping. Soon, the flock leaves,  but Blue is too fat and heavy to go, so he spends the winter cold, but working hard to get back in shape. Next year, Big Blue isn't called "big" because of his size but because he is now strong, fit and the leader of the flock.

This was a very cute book, definitely had a good moral to it. I think books are a great way to teach a child good messages like this book. I have to say that the summary pretty much gives away the whole book. Really doesn’t leave anything to the imagination but it was still a really good children’s book.

The book had full double page graphics that I really enjoyed. They were drawn very well and fit perfectly with the words on the page.

I definitely recommend picking this book up. Like I said already, the part I really enjoyed was the message of the book.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!