Monday, November 5, 2012

Mini Monday Review: All Pooped Out and Other Gross Expression by C. S. Larsen




All Pooped Out and Other Gross Expressions by C. S. Larsen
Library Binding
, 32 pages
Published October 1st 2012 by Lerner Publications
Goodreads|Amazon

Have you ever heard these crazy expressions? People use them even when no one's really dealing with a foamy face, or losing a lung. That's because these sayings are idioms--phrases that mean something different than what the words in them actually say. But don't let idioms make you sweat blood. Let's explore a variety of gross idioms and figure out what people really mean when they use them.


When I requested this book from NetGalley I thought that it was a book explaining where these gross expressions come from; however, it is actually just a children’s book explain what they mean. I know what they mean so this wasn’t really anything interesting to me but for a child it would be fun I think.

There are many different saying in here from “sweating blood” to “coughing up a lung”.*I There is also a glossary at the end because they do you some medical words which I was a little surprised about.

I wouldn’t buy this book for myself but my son might like it. I was checking the price on Amazon and I’m not convinced it is worth the price considering how short the book is. It seems it is currently only available in a library format too. I would say this is more of a get from the library book anyway.

Oh and a side note. I find the cover a little disturbing. I think they could do a little something different but it does go along with the title.

My Rating:



*I received this book from NetGalley and the Publisher in return for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!