Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2B Tuesday #7


2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your e-reader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!

Want to participate? Here’s how!

  • Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
  • Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word!
  • Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
  • Leave the link to your post below.


Read others posts and enjoy!

Matched by Ally Condie
(Matched #1)
Hardcover,
369 Pages
Published November 30th 2010 by Dutton Juvenile
Goodreads|Amazon

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.




 This is a dystopian book that I was soooo excited to find and has been sitting on my shelf since, which happens with a lot of books I buy.  I think it was the cover that first drew me in. I love how simple it is and that it matches the rest of the trilogy.

This sort of reminds me of Delirium by Lauren Oliver, in the case that “Society” controls everyone’s love life. I haven’t read that book either. I couldn’t imagine not picking my own love but it happens in the certain countries now, obviously it’s still a family’s decision, but that makes it not a weird concept at all.

Anyway, this book definitely intrigues me and I can't wait to read it.



What are your thoughts on this book?

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Great 2B Tuesday :)
    I absolutely loved matched and hopefully you will too when you get around to reading it :)
    Check out my 2B Tuesday:
    http://thesecretlifeofabookworm-x.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/2b-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to read it next month. Maybe I'll make my TBR for next month all the 2B Tuesday's for this month. I should do that anyway. Then I don't have to think. :-)

      -Laura

      Delete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!