Tuesday, October 23, 2012

2B Tuesday #5



2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your e-reader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!


Want to participate? Here’s how!
·         Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
·         Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word!
·         Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
·         Leave the link to your post below.
Read others posts and enjoy!


Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Hardcover
, 319 pages
Published April 24th 2012 by Greenwillow Books
Goodreads|Amazon


Everything is in ruins.

A devastating plague has decimated the population, and those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles around them.

So what does Araby Worth have to live for?

Nights in the Debauchery Club, beautiful dresses, glittery makeup . . . and tantalizing ways to forget it all.

But in the depths of the club--in the depths of her own despair--Araby will find more than oblivion. She will find Will, the terribly handsome proprietor of the club, and Elliott, the wickedly smart aristocrat. Neither is what he seems. Both have secrets. Everyone does.

And Araby may find not just something to live for, but something to fight for--no matter what it costs her.


Ok I’m not going to lie; I totally am judging this book by its cover. It’s awesome. Like I’ve said before, I don’t really read the synopsis of books anymore. I like going in with as little knowledge as possible. I like to know what other people thought of the book and that is enough for me to decide whether I want to read it or not. That is what has happened with this book.

I just recently added this book to my bookshelf. I would like to get it in this month since it goes nicely with my October theme but I’m not sure if I will get to it. This is pretty high on my list of to-reads though.


Have you read this book? What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!