Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #14



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper Blog where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wish-list for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wish-list and onto our wonderful shelves.




What’s Left of Me by Kat Zhang
Hardcover
, US Edition, 343 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by HarperCollins
Goodreads|Amazon

I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.


This was just added to my wishlist last month. It sounds very interesting. It says “two souls woven together”, but honestly it just sounds like a bunch of people with Schizophrenia. That’s the first thing I thought of when I heard about this book. I would think that even if it was a “normal” thing, it would be awful.

I am curious to know if Eva is going to be a bad thing in the book or if she and Addie will be working together. I have never heard of a book like this and I think I would really like it. I am hoping to find it on sale somewhere soon!

Have you read it? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I want to read this! I'm actually making a post about it tomorrow for Cover Love :) Hope you get it!

    My WW: http://blueskyshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one, I've read a lot of good reviews about it.

    My WW
    *GIVEAWAY*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really interesting! I hope we both get to read it soon!

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks really intriguing. I've heard quite a few things about it so will definitely check it out :)

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/wishlist-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!