Monday, September 17, 2012

Mini Monday #7


Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Whether you want to talk about something random or tell us what you bought, received, borrowed, or whatever!  If it’s related to children’s books, talk about it!

Mini Monday Book Review!

Upside Down (Book 1): A Vampire Tale by Jess Smart Smiley
Hardcover, 144 pages
Published October 16, 2012 by Top Shelf Productions
Goodreads|Amazon


Harold is a friendly young vampire - but he loves candy so much, the dentist might have to pull his teeth Now, what if he and the dentist, plus a couple friendly bats, all get caught up in the evil plots of the local witch? It's a wild magical romp for all ages, just in time for Halloween




This was an ok book. I don't think the "bats" really looked much like bats when they weren't hanging. Other than that there was nothing really bad or good about this book. It was just ok.
The story seemed to jump a little bit and I think there was a romance-y part that a young child would not understand. I am also confused as to why there are bats living in a professors piano.
My son liked the looking at the pictures of course.
Anyway as I said this was just an ok book. Nothing bad nothing good. It would be a neat Halloween read to pick up because it is about bats/vampires and witches. Since there was nothing that really stood out it’s kind of a hard book to review.
My Rating:
Let me know if you are going to pick this book up and definitely what you thought about it. Leave your link in the comments and I’ll check yours out too!
*This book was provided by the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!