Thursday, July 26, 2012

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Goodreads|Amazon
Hardcover, 338 Pages
HaperCollins
November 15, 2011

"You can't touch me," I whisper.

I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.

He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.

But things happen when people touch me.

Strange things.

Bad things.

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.

But Juliette has plans of her own.

After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.

I read this book about a month ago and I can’t wait to read the next one!
I really liked this book. I know there were a lot of mixed reviews on this, especially when it came down to the writing style. I actually enjoyed the writing style; however, it was a bit much in a couple spots. I could see how some people wouldn’t like it.
I thought the love triangle in this book seemed good. I really liked Adam. I could picture him being a pretty sexy man. I thought the backstory with him is was a surprise.
Warner is definitely a little messed up. He seemed to fit well in the book as the “evil guy.”
The ending really had me in shock and there was a plot twist in the middle that I do believe actually made my jaw fall open.
I have to say that I couldn’t put this book down and I recommend giving it a try.
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!