Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday! #1

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper Blog where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Goodreads|Amazon
Hardcover, 237 Pages
Doubleday
September 13th 2011

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.

Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart.

 I really really want this book. That’s really all I have to say. The cover makes me drool and I have to fight with myself every time I see it on the shelf. I added this to my wishlist back in March when I really got into reading. It will probably be bought by the time my birthday in September comes along.

Have you read this? What do you think about it?
Let me know if you are doing Wish-list Wednesday too!

3 comments:

  1. Ow yes I read it. First I got the ebook version but had to get a paper version of it too. I loved it very much.

    http://iamciska.tumblr.com/post/27993317396/wishlist-wednesday-7-time-to-read-my-books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read. I will have to check it out. Thanks for recommending it.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader

    Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great book, hope you get it soon!

    Here are our picks!
    Lauren from Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!