Thursday, November 12, 2015

Reading Plan & November TBR

So my goal from here on out is to clean out my list of review books. I feel super guilty having all these books and all of them have already been released. I also don't want to overwhelm myself, which is often what I did when I was blogging before. So my total TBR goal is only four books. If I read more than that then that is awesome. Anything over the four books will come off the review list. I think one book a week should be doable unless something is super long. Having a new baby though, I don't see us doing much going out or anything and we will be on a super tight budget so I foresee a lot of sitting at home in the near future. Don't plan on seeing any book hauls either.

I plan on reading one book from NetGalley, one from Edelweiss, one physical ARC/book from the author, and one book from my shelf. I want to go in order of release date also, so the oldest ones first to get those off my list. If the book I have to read that is from Edelweiss or NetGalley is a second in a series and I need to read the first one, then that will be the book from my shelf. If I don't have it then I will get it from the Library and that will take place of the one on my shelf. Speaking of the library, since all the books on my review list have already been released, I am going to try to get them from my library if carry it. I like reading a physical copy way more than on my tablet, and I read physical copies faster also.

I also am not going to force myself to finish something if I am really not enjoying it. The last thing I need is to put myself in a reading slump. I will still post a "review" or reason why I decided to DNF the book.

My "Off the Shelf" book for the month is one that I had previously started and am already half way through so I might as well finish that one.

So here are my four planned reads for November!

NetGalley

Entangled - Nikki Jefford

Two months after dying, seventeen-year-old witch Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body.

Until Gray finds a way back inside her own body, she’s stuck being Charlene every twenty-hour hours. Her sister has left precise instructions on how Gray should dress and behave. Looking like a prep isn’t half as bad as hanging out with Charlene’s snotty friends and gropey boyfriend.

The “normals” of McKinley High might be quick to write her behavior off as post-traumatic stress, but warlock Raj McKenna is the only person who suspects Gray has returned from the dead.

Now Gray has to solve the mystery of her death and resurrection and disentangle herself from Charlene’s body before she disappears for good.


Edelweiss 

Parallel - Lauren Miller

Abby Barnes had a plan. The Plan. She'd go to Northwestern, major in journalism, and land a job at a national newspaper, all before she turned twenty-two. But one tiny choice—taking a drama class her senior year of high school—changed all that. Now, on the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Abby is stuck on a Hollywood movie set, miles from where she wants to be, wishing she could rewind her life. The next morning, she's in a dorm room at Yale, with no memory of how she got there. Overnight, it's as if her past has been rewritten.

With the help of Caitlin, her science-savvy BFF, Abby discovers that this new reality is the result of a cosmic collision of parallel universes that has Abby living an alternate version of her life. And not only that: Abby's life changes every time her parallel self makes a new choice. Meanwhile, her parallel is living out Abby's senior year of high school and falling for someone Abby's never even met.

As she struggles to navigate her ever-shifting existence, forced to live out the consequences of a path she didn't choose, Abby must let go of the Plan and learn to focus on the present, without losing sight of who she is, the boy who might just be her soul mate, and the destiny that's finally within reach.
 


Physical ARC

The Sculptor - Scott McCloud

David Smith is giving his life for his art—literally. Thanks to a deal with Death, the young sculptor gets his childhood wish: to sculpt anything he can imagine with his bare hands. But now that he only has 200 days to live, deciding  what  to create is harder than he thought, and discovering the love of his life at the 11th hour isn't making it any easier! 

This is a story of desire taken to the edge of reason and beyond; of the frantic, clumsy dance steps of young love; and a gorgeous, street-level portrait of the world's greatest city. It's about the small, warm, human moments of everyday life…and the great surging forces that lie just under the surface. Scott McCloud wrote the book on how comics work; now he vaults into great fiction with a breathtaking, funny, and unforgettable new work.



Off the shelf

Dorothy Must Die - Danielle Paige

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.

But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?

Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.

What happened? Dorothy.

They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.

I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.

I've been trained to fight.

And I have a mission.

Normally I would start out with the review copies that way those definitely get read, but since I am already half way through Dorothy Must Die I am going to go ahead and finish that one. Entangled is only available in Ebook format so that will be read on my tablet but Parallel is available through my library, although there is not a copy at my specific library, so I am going to request that and hopefully it comes in before the end of the month. If not then I will just read it on my tablet.

Since I am on leave I should be able to get all of these read and hopefully start another book. Especially since The Sculptor is a graphic novel, albeit a long one, and I only have the last half of Dorothy Must Die.

Here's to a new month of reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!