Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Books/Movies to Read or Watch to get into the Halloween Spirit



This week’s TTT is the Top Ten Books/Movies to Read or Watch to get into the Halloween Spirit. This is a fun one. I’ve decided to split it into the two categories. The first 5 will be movies and the last 5 will be books. Now keep in mind that I have a family with little kids so we watch some family friendly movies, usually when ABC Family does their “13 Nights of Halloween.”

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) Poster
This is my favorite Halloween/Christmas movie. It is great because it can be watched during either season.

Corpse Bride (2005) Poster
Another movie by Tim Burton plus this one has Johnny Depp as the voice of the main character and he is my favorite actor.

 Hocus Pocus (1993) Poster

 Edward Scissorhands (1990) Poster

Ernest Scared Stupid (1991) Poster
I haven’t actually watched this movie since I was little but if it was on I would totally be watching it. It’s so corny but I have good childhood memories from it.

5. The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco
The Girl from the Well 

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1) 

3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
 Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)

2. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)

1.  Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories #1)



What books or movies are you watching or reading to get into the Halloween mood??

1 comment:

  1. I love your movie choices. I really want to read The Girl From the Well. I still haven't read the Mara Dyer books and I NEED to. Great list! Happy Halloween!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!