Friday, January 3, 2014

Top Books of 2013!

Top Books of 2013

This list was so hard to put in a numerical order! I read quite a few really good books this year. This is my top 11! Click the title to go to my review and check out my Goodreads to see everything else I read this year!


11.
Another Little Piece



Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
Rated 4 stars: This is a young adult Horror/paranormal book. The first line of the synopsis is what grabbed my attention though. “The spine-tingling horror of Stephen King meets an eerie mystery worthy of Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars series in Kate Karyus Quinn's haunting debut.






10.

If You Find Me





If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Rated 4 stars: This is an absolutely beautiful but heart breaking book. I really still can’t find the right words to describe this.







9.

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Scott Pilgrim, #1)





Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O’Malley
Rated 5 stars: Scott Pilgrim is one of the only Manga’s I have (and probably will) ever read. I read the full color collector’s edition that I rented from the library and I totally think that is one reason why I enjoyed this so much. (I also read the next two). I’m not sure I would have liked it quite as much without the color. Definitely a fun book!








8.

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)



Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Rated 4 stars: This is one of only 2 new adult books that I have read. The relationship between the two characters is pretty messed up but it makes for a great read. I read this is 1 day.








7.
Speechless

Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Rated 5 stars: I was able to read this one for review but ended up buying my own copy. If you like contemporaries with realistic fiction then this is a book you should read. I could see myself rereading this book.







6.
Friends with Boys







Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks
Rated 5 stars: Graphic Novel! Really good. I loved Lucy’s brother! (He’s one of my bookish crushes!)








5.
Anya's Ghost







Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol
Rated 5 stars: I borrowed this from the library and liked it so much that I went out and bought my own copy.







4.

Mila 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)




Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Rated 4.5 stars: I really liked this book though. I flew through it and I am super excited to read the next book. I just read this too so it is still very fresh in my mind.
(I'll link my review when I get it written)









3.
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)



Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Rated 5 stars: I had heard so many good things about this book but never picked it up until I was granted the galley of Dare you To (the second book). I rented this one from the library and was so glad that I did. Even if none of the companion novels sound good to you, you should still read this one.








2.
Shadowlands (Shadowlands, #1)


Shadowlands by Kate Brian
Rated 5 stars: This was one of the first books I read in 2014 and I read it in a little over a day. It was a great way to start the New Year. I own the second book and haven’t gotten to it yet. It will definitely be read soon though.







and drum roll please....

1.
Hushed





Hushed by Kelley York
Rated 5 stars: I was fortunate enough to get this book for review from NetGalley and I absolutely devoured it. It is one of the only New Adult Thrillers that I have been able to find (when I was younger I only read Adult Romantic Suspense books). This was right up my alley. I highly highly recommend this!








What was your favorite book of 2013!? Did we share any of the same favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed Friends with Boys too! Last year is the year I started to really get into graphic novels. I want to read Anya's Ghost really bad too! I also want to read Hushed and Speechless!

    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!