Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2B Tuesday #65


Where I highlight a book from my endless to-be-read list. Those books need love too!

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1)
Series: Hex Hall, #1
Release Date
: February 1st 2011
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Format: Paperback
Pages
: 323
Genre: Young Adult - Fantasy, Paranormal

Three years ago, Sophie Mercer discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father-an elusive European warlock-only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward Prodigium, a.k.a. witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.

By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard: three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock, a creepy tagalong ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the most hated person and only vampire on campus. Worse, Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her only friend is the number-one suspect.

As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all Prodigium, especially her.


I found this book on discount at Half Price Books so I decided to pick it up. I know it is a pretty popular book and I believe there is a spin off series out now. I don’t think I have ever read a book about witches so this will be something new for me. It has a solid 4 star rating on Goodreads which is pretty impressive. Hopefully I can get to this one next year.


Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!