Monday, July 1, 2013

Mini Monday #43


 
Mini Monday: Where my son and I do two “mini” reviews on two children’s books. Each book will get a Thumbs up, Middle Thumb, or Thumbs down rating!

Pecornio’s First Concert by Alan Madison & AnnaLaura Cantone
Hardcover, 
40 pages
Published
June 21st 2005 by Atheneum/Anne Schwartz Books
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

If you think you know the silliest boy in the world, you're wrong. Pecorino Sasquatch is the silliest boy in the world. Just watch him as he heads off to the first concert he's ever seen, conducted by the world-famous Vittorio Pimplelini. Before the day is out, Pecorino will furmuzzle a man with a long mustache, wamboodle himself down into a tuba, and cause the most Brobdingnagian blast of a note that anyone has ever heard. It's all in a day's work for Pecorino. This delectably silly musical adventure, written by Alan Madison, the second-silliest boy in the world, features pictures by AnnaLaura Cantone, the silliest illustrator in the world (unless Pecorino decides to take up drawing)

 


This was a cute and silly book about a little boy named Pecorino. One day Pecorino is dancing around in his room when his mother comes in and tells him he is going to a concert! Pecorino doesn’t know what a concert is so he becomes quite intrigued when him mother tries explain it. He gets to travel on a bus with a funny bearded man and then proceeds to play all of the instruments that are set out for the musicians. That is until he finds that someone is stuck in the tuba. 

My son thought this book was pretty funny and I agree with him. This is definitely a cute book to pick up.
 

My Rating:



My Mom Has X-ray Vision by Angela McAllister
Illustrated by Alex T. Smith

Hardcover, 24 pages
Published 2011 by Tiger Tales

Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Matthew believes his mother has x-ray vision because she always knows what he's doing. So one day he decides to test his theory. What will he find out about his mother having super powers?

 


Watch out! Moms know everything!

Mathew is convinced that his mom has x-ray vision. She knows when he is playing with her pots in the yard or when he is jumping on the bed, even when she is inside the house or downstairs. After talking to his friend he tries to prove that his mom is a superhero. He waits for his mom while he has no idea what fantastic things are going on outside.

 
My son and I really loved this book. Being a mom and doing a lot of things in this book made me laugh out loud. My son will say “How did you know I was there” all the time haha.

 

 

My Rating:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!