Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2B Tuesday #30


2B Tuesday...Where I highlight a book from my endless to-be-read list. Those books need love too!

XVI by Julia Karr
XVI, #1
Paperback, 325 pages
Published January 6th 2011 by Puffin/Speak

Some girls can't wait to be sixteen, to be legal. Nina is not one of them. Even though she has no choice in the matter, she knows that so long as her life continues as normal, everything will be okay.
 
Then, with one brutal strike, Nina's normal is shattered; and she discovers that nothing that she believed about her life is true. But there's one boy who can help--and he just may hold the key to her past.
 
But with the line between attraction and danger as thin as a whisper, one thing is for sure...
 
For Nina, turning sixteen promises to be anything but sweet

I had this on my A-Z Challenge last year but didn’t even come close to finishing it. I can’t seem to stick to list. I had planned out everything I was going to read and that was my first mistake. Anyway… I plan to read it for my Dystopia 2013 Challenge this year. I’ve fallen behind a little so hopefully I can catch back up. This book sounds a lot like every other dystopian book out there. Based on something that is going to happen a certain age. I think what has kept me from reading this sooner is the Goodreads ratings/reviews. People seem to not like how obsessed with sex this book seems to be. Normally that wouldn’t bother me but it seems to be a bad thing in this book. I am determined I will get to it by the end of year though.

Have your read this book? What are your thoughts on it?


1 comment:

  1. I read this one a while back and had some mixed thoughts on it. I'd be interested to see where the rest of the series goes though. This reminds me that I need to continue!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!