Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #32

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper Blog where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wish-list for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wish-list and onto our wonderful shelves.





Mind Games by Kiersten White
Mind Games, #1
Hardcover, 256 pages
Published February 19th 2013 by HarperTeen
Goodreads|Amazon

Fia was born with flawless instincts. Her first impulse, her gut feeling, is always exactly right. Her sister, Annie, is blind to the world around her—except when her mind is gripped by strange visions of the future. 

Trapped in a school that uses girls with extraordinary powers as tools for corporate espionage, Annie and Fia are forced to choose over and over between using their abilities in twisted, unthinkable ways…or risking each other’s lives by refusing to obey.

In a stunning departure from her New York Times bestselling Paranormalcy trilogy, Kiersten White delivers a slick, edgy, heartstoppingly intense psychological thriller about two sisters determined to protect each other—no matter the cost.

This book is also known as Sister Assassin. This is a perfect example of how covers can attract someone. I had only ever seen the UK cover of this book and didn’t actually realize it was the same book until someone on another blog had mentioned it. I am not a fan of the UK cover but I really like the US edition.  It seems to be a pretty popular book considering it is a new release. It has a decent rating on Goodreads too. I hope to get my hands on it soon.

Have you read this book yet? What are your thoughts on it?

15 comments:

  1. This sounds really different -- in a good way! Interesting concept. I hope you get it soon! Thanks for stopping by.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have seen this book around a few times already. That cover is really an eye catcher. Hope you get to read it soon.

    Thanks for dropping by on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't seen any reviews on it yet but I haven't really looked around. Hopefully it's good!

      Delete
  3. I just recently got a copy of this and I'm super excited for it! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks really great and I can't wait to give it a read too!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you get it too!

      Delete
  5. Ooooh great pick! I had it on my WW a few weeks ago and oh yay I want it too! :)

    Hope we both get it soon :)
    Thanks for stopping by ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's as good as it sounds and we both enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. I've been seeing great reviews for this one! I hope you get it and love it, too!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually seen a review yet! I hope I love it too! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I read this a while back and I actually think the UK title is a poor choice. The US one is much better. :) This didn't entirely work for me, I have to admit, but I know several people enjoyed it. I hope you like it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this too! I think it sounds really fun. I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/wishlist-wednesday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book makes me think a little of Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro using people for specific powers or organs in that case. Weird but interesting to read about. Scary on a different level also!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!