Monday, February 4, 2013

Mini Monday #24


Mini Monday: Where I do two “mini” reviews on two children’s books. Each book will get a Thumbs up, Middle Thumb, or Thumbs down rating!

 

Garbage! Monster! Burp! by Tom Watson
ebook
, 51 pages
Published January 15th 2010 by Tom Watson
Goodreads|Amazon

A monster at the bottom of a hill eats all of the garbage generated by the town on top of the hill. This provides two important benefits: The monster is happy with plenty to eat and the town stays nice and clean. Unfortunately, as the town grows, so does the amount of garbage the monster must consume. He gets bigger - and he starts burping. This is, as you can probably guess, a bit unsightly and stinky. In the end, the kids figure out how to solve the problem - despite the nasty mayor's doubts and objections.
 
 

This was a cute rhyming book. The pictures looked almost like something on a felt board. I actually really liked that. The moral of the story would be to recycle so you are not wasting as much garbage! This book is currently free on Amazon.

My Rating:
 
 


Dr. HickerUp: The Hiccup Healing Man by Katherine Ladny Mitchell
ebook, 46 pages
Published December 30, 2012 by Essayers End
Amazon

Dr. Hickerup: The Hiccup Healing Man is an adventurous children's book by Katherine Ladny Mitchell that will delight both children and parents alike with its rollicking rhyme, distinctive plot, witty humor, and whimsical illustrations by Chelsea Spring.

After battling a stubborn case of hiccups, Billy turns to the quirky (yet brilliant) Dr. Hickerup for a cure. Once inside the doctor’s office, Billy begins a medical quest to discover which of the five hallway doors holds the answer to his hiccuping problem. Along the way, Billy meets a playful giraffe, tea-drinking monsters, and four pretty peacocks. Join Billy and Dr. Hickerup as they discover which door holds the cure!
 
 
 
 
This book was really neat. I loved the graphics. I was reading on my kindle so I am not sure if they are full page or not but they looked as though they were. This is also a rhyming book which I always enjoy. I thought it was really funny that they doc was making sure he was going to get paid. I think that is more to be funny for the parents. I recommend picking this up. It was free on Amazon when I got it so you might want to watch out for that again!

My Rating:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!