Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2B Tuesday #18


2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your e-reader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!

Want to participate? Here’s how!
  • Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
  • Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word!
  • Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
  • Leave the link to your post below.
Read others posts and enjoy!

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Paperback
, 338 pages
Published April 3rd 2012 by Speak
Goodreads|Amazon

It's 1941 and fifteen-year-old artist Lina Vilkas is on Stalin's extermination list. Deported to a prison camp in Siberia, Lina fights for her life, fearless, risking everything to save her family. It's a long and harrowing journey and it is only their incredible strength, love, and hope that pull Lina and her family through each day. But will love be enough to keep them alive?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I honestly bought this book solely based on the cover. I love it. I have actually never read the synopsis either. I saw someone on YouTube get this book in a haul and I wanted it ever since. It’s been on my shelf for a little while now and hopefully I’ll get to it soon.

Not a big explanation this time because at the time I am typing this I have a horrible migraine. L

 

2 comments:

  1. Great choice. This one has been on my list for some time as well. My best friend read it and really enjoyed it and she normally has similar tastes to me. I just haven't gotten around to it. :)

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can get to it soon! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!