Friday, November 30, 2012

Review: Last Days of an Immortal by Fabien Vehlmann


Last Days of an Immortal by Fabien Vehlmann, Gwen de Bonneval (Illustrations)
Hardcover
, 152 pages
Published October 16th 2012 by Archaia Entertainment (first published April 23rd 2012
Goodreads|Amazon

In the distant future, Elijah is a member of the Philosophical Police,” who must solve conflicts that arise out of ignorance of the Other. Two species are fighting a war with roots in a crime committed centuries ago, and Elijah must solve the crime and bring peace between their species, while also confronting his own immortality in a world where science provides access to eternal life. In a world where death no longer exists, why do so many want to give up on life? Serious, heavy duty science fiction, with shades of author J.G. Ballard and the films Gattaca, Solaris and George Lucas' THX 1138.


This is a science fiction graphic novel that takes place in the future. In this new world death is practically nonexistent. There are aliens and renewed bodies and all sorts of things.

I have to say the first problem I had was with my kindle edition of the book. It was separated from the graphics which made it extremely hard to read. However, I downloaded into Digital Editions and the problem was fixed.

This book seemed to jump around a little bit which sort of confused me. That could have been just me though. I’m not big on major science fiction stuff so it was probably just me not being able to follow. I found it hard to connect with any of the characters. The graphics didn’t stand out to me either.  I always say that reading a graphic novel from the computer is much different than when you have the actual book in your hands. I feel that adds to the story.

This book would be great for YA/middle aged men or women if you prefer aliens and the-what-not.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!