Tuesday, October 16, 2012

2B Tuesday #4



2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your ereader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!

Want to participate? Here’s how!

 ·         Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
 ·         Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post. (coming soon)
·         Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
·         Leave the link to your post below.
Read others posts and enjoy!





Cut by Patricia McCormick
Paperback, 151 pages
Published February 1st 2002 by Push
Goodreads|Amazon

"A tingle arced across my scalp. The floor tipped up at me and my body spiraled away. Then I was on the ceiling looking down, waiting to see what would happen next." Callie cuts herself. Never too deep, never enough to die. But enough to feel the pain. Enough to feel the scream inside. Now she's at Sea Pines, a "residential treatment facility" filled with girls struggling with problems of their own. Callie doesn't want to have anything to do with them. She doesn't want to have anything to do with anyone. She won''t even speak. But Callie can only stay silent for so long...


This book hasn’t been sitting on my shelf for too long. I’m not sure why I haven’t read it yet. It’s such a short read, being only 150 pages, that I know I could read it in one sitting. It definitely falls in to the serious problems category of contemporary that I seem to like so I think I would like it. I haven’t read anything by Patricia McCormick before so I have nothing to base this on.

It seems to have a pretty average rating on Goodreads but I haven’t seen anyone that I follow or watch on YouTube review this so I’m not sure how it will turn out. The one thing I worry about is that I’ve seen some people say the main character is 13-14 years old. I hope that isn’t too young for my liking.

I will probably read this book before the end of the year. I really want to clear some of my tbr books from my shelf and I will probably get a lot of the shorter ones out of the way first.

Let me know in the comments if you have read this book and what you thought of it!
If you participate in 2B Tuesday leave your link below too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!