Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2B Tuesday #3



2B Tuesday...Where you show a book that has been sitting on your shelf (or on your ereader) just waiting to be read! It can be new or have been sitting there for a long time. Just show that book some love and let us know why you bought it or why it has been sitting there!

  
Want to participate? Here’s how!

· Follow Laura’s Adventures in Bookland as host of this meme.
· Please use the button my wonderful husband has created somewhere in your post or on your blog. Help spread the word!
 · Link back to Laura Adventures in Bookland somewhere in your post.
· Leave the link to your post below.
· Read others posts and enjoy!



Jenny Pox by JL Bryan
Paperback,
214 pages
Published July 22nd 2010
Goodreads|Amazon

Eighteen-year-old Jenny Morton has a horrific secret: her touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague, the "Jenny pox." She lives by a single rule: Never touch anyone. A lifetime of avoiding any physical contact with others has made her isolated and painfully lonely in her small rural town.

Then she meets the one boy she can touch. Jenny feels herself falling for Seth...but if she's going to be with him, Jenny must learn to use the deadly pox inside her to confront his ruthless and manipulative girlfriend Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all.



This has been sitting on my Kindle shelf for a while now. I can’t remember if I got it for free  but it was on my wishlist and I couldn’t pass it up. Now it is still there.

I will mention that it says not recommended for children under 18 and I’ve seen more than one review that agreed with that.

I have heard great things about this book, something between the mix of horrific and sad. I have also heard that the beginning is awesome and the ending could be better. However that is something you would only know if you read it for yourself.

This book reminds me of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi because of the whole “girl that can’t touch anybody”.

I’m excited to read it.

What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!