Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #7

**I had this as my TBR but it was supposed to be today's. I don't know what I was thinking!

 Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani at  Pen to Paper Blog where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.







A Midsummer’s Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Hardcover, 304 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Poppy

 Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorcé dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son?  Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great.

Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.

Filled with authenticity and raw emotion, Whitley is Kody Keplinger's most compelling character to date: a cynical Holden Caulfield-esque girl you will wholly care about.


I own her first book The Duff but I have yet to read it. I just really like the name of the book and it seems good to me. It has a little bit of mixed reviews on Goodreads. I like to find out for myself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!