Monday, August 27, 2012

Mini Monday! Review: Into the Pumpkin by Linda Franklin

Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Whether you want to talk about something random or tell us what you bought, received, borrowed, or whatever!  If it’s related to children’s books, talk about it!

Into the Pumpkin by Linda Franklin
Hardcover,
56 pages
Expected publication: August 31st 2012 by Schiffer Publishing, Ltd
Goodreads|Amazon


The fun of Halloween comes alive in this beautifully illustrated children's book. The drawings, done each year by the author on the eve of Halloween, follow various "Halloween" characters as they prepare to celebrate this mystical holiday -- pumpkins, witches, bats, ravens, black cats, scarecrows, spiders, ghosts, and more. Should they have their party in the graveyard or the pumpkin patch? Should they dress up or simply go as themselves? Take a ride on the witch's broom and enter the pumpkin for a magical trip both you and your kids will not soon forget. Pre-K through 6th.

Linda Franklin is an award-winning artist whose work is widely exhibited in private collections throughout the United States. She is also a celebrated teacher who has launched many aspiring artists onto careers of their own.

This a cute Halloween rhyming book that describes all the jobs and decisions it takes to set up set up the spooky characters party.  The illustrations look like they are watercolor and are made to look like they might be in a foggy scene. I read this book on my computer, so the full effect of the pictures isn’t received; Although, I quite enjoyed the illustrations.
My son says he likes the part about the black cat and the way the pictures are drawn.
This is definitely a good book to read closer to Halloween.  I may go check my library to see if I can find any more of the Linda Franklin’s books.
My Rating:
*This book was provided by the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!