Monday, August 6, 2012

Mini Monday (#3)


Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Whether you want to talk about something random or tell us what you bought, received, borrowed, or whatever! If it’s related to children’s books, talk about it!


Other Goose: Re-Nurseried!! and Re-Rhymed!! Childrens Classics by J. Otto Seibold
Goodreads|Amazon
Published September 22nd 2010 by Chronicle Books
Hardcover, 80 pages

It's Humpty Dumpty, Little Bo Peep, Jack Be Nimble, Miss Muffet, Little Boy Blue, and more, like you've never seen them before! Renowned artist J.otto Seibold re-nursuries and re-rhymes over the Mother Goose classics in this must-have collection. Featuring recurring characters and an ending that brings everyone back for a showstopping finale, this book is the most fun dear old Mother Goose has ever had!



I love this book. I found it randomly one day in the discount bin at some bookstore. I love books like this and I own a couple of them.

I love the typography and all the illustrations. Check out Amazon to see a preview.

The “re-nurseried and re-rhymed” rhymes are pretty funny. The introduction by “other goose” is funny to read too. Did you know Mother Goose isn’t really a Goose!?! Lol This book is actually told by a goose.

I definitely recommend picking this up if you like funny nursery rhymes.

Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!