Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top "5" Novels & Graphic Novels of 2014 (so far)


I decided to do a different type of post today because we are over half way through the year (!) and I was watching Jillian at bookishandnerdy over on YouTube (she has a blog by the same name, HERE) and saw her video on her Favorite Books of 2014 so far and decided I wanted to do it too. I have read 59 books so far this year. My original Goodreads goal was 50 books but I have since bumped it up to 75. I’m thinking I will probably pass that too.  I decided to make a separate list for novels and graphic novels because I just don’t think you can compare the two. I cheated a little on both by including series but I did marathon read all of the series that I did list on here so I’m just counting them as one! There are definitely some that were very close runner ups. If you would like to see all of the books that I have read so far this year, check out my Goodreads Challenge HERE.

Top "5" Novels of 2014 (so far)

Article 5 by Kristen SimmonsBreaking Point by Kristen SimmonsThree by Kristen Simmons
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer MathieuWhere Life Takes You by Claudia Y. BurgoaUninvited by Sophie Jordan
Sweet Evil by Wendy HigginsSweet Peril by Wendy HigginsSweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins

5. Article 5 Trilogy by Kristen Simmons
4. The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
3. WhereLife Takes You by Claudia Y. Burgoa
2. Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
1. The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins

Top "5" Graphic Novels of 2014 (so far)

Smile by Raina TelgemeierAstronaut Academy by Dave RomanAstronaut Academy by Dave Roman
Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness by Bryan Lee O'MalleyScott Pilgrim Color Hardcover Volume 4 by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. VaughanSaga, Vol. 2 by Brian K. VaughanSaga, Volume 3 by Brian K. Vaughan
Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman

5. Smile by Raina Telgemeier
3. Scott Pilgrim Vol. 3 & 4 by Bryan Lee O’Malley
2. Saga Vol. 1, 2, & 3 by Brian K. Vaughan
1. Fortunately,The Milk by Neill Gaiman

Let me know if you have read any of these books or what your favorite books are so far this year!! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend checking it out. I read it as an egalley but I plan on picking up a physical copy to add to my bookshelf.

      Delete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!