2013 was a really good year for me. My blog turned 1 year old and I started getting more followers on YouTube. I started getting accepted for more review requests and even started doing blog tours, cover reveals, and other fun things. Even with accomplishing that I still really want to step up my game in 2014. So here are my goals that I want to strive to complete.
· This is a huge thing for me because I really suck at it. I usually comment on the book haul posts but nothing else. If I want more followers and I want to make some friends in the community then I really need to put myself out there.
· I also need to remember to link up my meme posts. I participate in Wishlist Wednesday and a combination of Showcase Sunday and Stacking the Shelves but I always forget to link up the posts.
· Create original posts
· This is pretty self-explanatory. I post something pretty much every day but I would like to create some more original content. I also need to promote my 2B Tuesday posts more.
· Blog Consistently
· Many of my posts are able to be written before they are set to go live. I need to pick a day during the week and prewrite my posts so they go up at a certain time everyday. That way people know when to except my posts. I hate when I don’t have a post go up until late in the day.
· Catch up with NetGalley/Edelweiss reviews
· This is a major thing for me. I am participating in a Review book challenge and I really hope that it will help. I have a pretty good percentage on NeGalley but my Edelweiss account has a lot of books that need review. I’m hoping to cut those amounts in half.
· Get books reviewed before the due date
· This goes along with catching up on my NeGalley/Edelweiss books. I get quite a few books before they are released but hardly ever get to them in time. I would love to be able to get the majority of them reviewed about a week before the book is released.
· Make better reviews
· I need to have more in-depth reviews. I don’t usually talk a lot about the writing style, the characters, or things like that. I usually just state what I liked and disliked. I am definitely not a professional but I would like my reviews to come off as if they were. I want to start taking notes as I’m reading and set up a template for my reviews so they are consistent and informative.
· Complete 2014 challenges
· The last two years I have failed at every challenge I have signed up for except for the Goodreads challenge. I am bound and determined to complete them all this year. Hopefully I can accomplish more than what I have set as my goals for each. If you would like to see my list of challenges then click HERE.
· My Goodreads challenge is to read 75 books. I’m hoping to get more than that but I feel like that is a good number.
That’s it for my goals! Wish me luck!! Did you have any goals for this year? Let me know in the comments or post a link to your goals!