Saturday, August 3, 2013

Review: The Walking Dead Volume 4: The Heart's Desire by Robert Kirkman


*WARING* This is the 4th book is a series and may contain spoilers!

The Walking Dead Volume 4: The Heart’s Desire by Robert Kirkman
Illustrated by Charlie Adlard & Cliff Rathburn
The Walking Dead, #4
Paperback, 136 pages
Published April 28th 2009 by Image Comics
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

Life in the prison starts to get interesting for Rick Grimes and the rest of our survivors. Relationships heat up, fizzle out, and change entirely almost overnight. By the end of this volume, relationships between key characters are radically changed, setting the stage for future events in The Walking Dead.


The previous volume ended in a rather harsh cliff hanger but thankfully I had the forth volume ready and waiting for me. Man does the shit hit the fan in this one or what. This has got to be my favorite one so far.

Those people that I mentioned going a little bit nuts in the last volume have definitely proven that they are starting to get there. People are questioning sanity and there are some big changes in this one. We also meet a new strange character name Michonne who ends up causing some problems in a certain relationship. Michonne’s character actually bugged me. If she is so happy to be there why would she risk causing problems in a relationship? Also, she might be crazy but I’m not sure about that. Her character was a little boring to me though. We also lose some more people, which I expect will happen in almost every volume.

The living dead have started to gather around the fence in hordes. I can only imagine that this is going to cause trouble eventually. It’s making it harder for people to come and go when they feel they need too. Practically the last quarter of the book is one huge fight scene which I loved. Then the last couple pages are an epic epilogue by Rick. I felt that some things in this volume were a little forced, instead of letting things happen on their own, but that doesn’t alter my feelings on it

Do I Recommend this Book/Series?

If you have gotten this far then you should without a doubt read this one.

Will I Read the Next Book?

As I said earlier, this is definitely my favorite one so far. If they stay this good or even get better then I will definitely be reading this whole series.

My Rating:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!