Friday, August 2, 2013

Review: The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman

*WARNING* This is the 3rd book in a series. This may contain spoilers.


The Walking Dead Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman
Illustrated by Charlie Adlard
The Walking Dead, #3
Paperback, 136 pages
Published June 18th 2005 by Image Comics
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository


An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: there is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living. This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other.



First off I want to say that the higher I get into this series, the hard it is not to spoil. I will try not to but I can’t guarantee anything. Plus without spoilers the reviews will probably be on the shorter side.

This volume starts off exactly where the last one ends. They have stumbled upon a prison. Obviously the first goal would be to clear out what zombie’s they can. Let me tell you one thing about this volume, there is gore and more gore. There are lots of dying zombies in this one.

Not only are zombies killed but we also lose a few people that we have come to know. However we also gain a few people and reconnect with some old ones. The new group of men that we meet are inmates of the jail which of course doesn’t go over well with some people.

We learn something new and very important about the virus in this volume. There are relationships galore in this volume, a couple people seem to be going a little nuts, and this one ends on a very bad note.

Do I Recommend this Book/Series?

I have to say that I am really loving this series.

Will I Read the Next Book?

Definitely.

My Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!