Monday, May 6, 2013

Mini Monday #37

Mini Monday: Where my son and I do two “mini” reviews on two children’s books. Each book will get a Thumbs up, Middle Thumb, or Thumbs down rating!



If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Illustrated by Felicia Bond

Hardcover, 32 pages
Published September 30th 1991 by HarperCollins
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository
If a big hungry moose comes to visit, you might give him a muffin to make him feel at home. If you give him a muffin, he'll want some jam to go with it. When he's eaten all your muffins, he'll want to go to the store to get some more muffin mix.
In this hilarious sequel to If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, the young host is again run ragged by a surprise guest. Young readers will delight in the comic complications that follow when a little boy entertains a gregarious moose.



If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
by Laura Joffe Numeroff
Illustrated by Felicia Bond

Hardcover, 40 pages
Published
May 9th 1985 by HarperCollins
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository
If a hungry little traveler shows up at your house, you might want to give him a cookie. If you give him a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk. He'll want to look in a mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache, and then he'll ask for a pair of scissors to give himself a trim...
I decided to go ahead a make this Mini Monday into one combined review since these books are pretty much the same thing. One just involves a moose and a muffin and the other involves a mouse and a cookie!
These books are definitely a classic for me. The first book was published two years before I was born and the other one a couple years after, so I pretty much grew up with these. I wanted to make it a point for my sons to know these books too.
Both of these books just got on a string of events that “might” happen if you give either animal what they are asking for. Some of the things the animals want to do are pretty funny, such as the moose wanting to make a puppet show. I think my son and I enjoyed the moose story a little more, even though they are so similar.
If you have never read these to your kids then you totally should; just because they are such well-known books.
My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!