Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2B Tuesday #31



2B Tuesday...Where I highlight a book from my endless to-be-read list. Those books need love too!


Revived by Cat Patrick
Hardcover, 352 pages
Published May 8th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository

It started with a bus crash.
Daisy Appleby was a little girl when it happened, and she barely remembers the accident or being brought back to life. At that moment, though, she became one of the first subjects in a covert government program that tests a drug called Revive.
Now fifteen, Daisy has died and been Revived five times. Each death means a new name, a new city, a new identity. The only constant in Daisy's life is constant change.
Then Daisy meets Matt and Audrey McKean, charismatic siblings who quickly become her first real friends. But if she's ever to have a normal life, Daisy must escape from an experiment that's much larger--and more sinister--than she ever imagined.
From its striking first chapter to its emotionally charged ending, Cat Patrick's Revived is a riveting story about what happens when life and death collide.


This is just another one of my many books I have waiting on my shelf to be read. No real rhyme or reason it just happens to one of a hundred or so.. I love the cover of this book, the color to be specific. It definitely stands out on my bookshelf.  I think one of the reasons I haven’t picked this up yet is because I haven’t really heard much about it. The few people whose reviews I follow on Goodreads have all given it a good rating though. I’m curious to see why she has died 5 times. (Does she do it herself, or the government, or does she just have that much bad luck?!) I haven’t seen a book like this before though which is what made me pick it up in the first place. Hopefully I will get to it soon.

Have you read this book? What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!