Monday, March 25, 2013

Mini Monday #31


 
Mini Monday: Where my son and I do two “mini” reviews on two children’s books. Each book will get a Thumbs up, Middle Thumb, or Thumbs down rating!

The Pigeon Wants a Puppy by Mo Willems
Illustrated by
Mo Willems
Pigeon books
Hardcover, 
40 pages
Published
April 1st 2008 by Hyperion
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository


He really, really, REALLY wants one. He'll take really good care of it! What's the matter--don't you want him to be happy? The latest book in the best-selling Pigeon series is the funniest one yet.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My son really liked this book. This story is exactly what the title says. Pigeon wants a puppy and he wants it right now. My son was giggling during a couple parts.

 

The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog by Mo Willems
Illustrated by
Mo Willems
Pigeon books
Hardcover
, 40 pages
Published April 19th 2004 by Hyperion

Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository


When Pigeon finds a delicious hot dog, he can hardly wait to shove the entire thing in his beak. But . . . then a very sly and hungry duckling enters the scene and wants a bite. Who will be the more clever bird? In this hilarious follow-up to the acclaimed Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Mo Willems has created another avian adventure that encourages children to share even their most prized processed foods. Mo Willems is a six-time Emmy Award-winning writer and animator for Sesame Street and the head writer of Cartoon Network's Code Name: Kids Next Door. The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! is the companion to Mo's first children's book, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! He is also the author of Time to Pee!
 
 
This book has a cute little guest star which my son really liked. Pigeon goes on quite a rant when the little duckling keeps asking him questions. I was a little concerned when the duckling asked if the hot dog tasted like a chicken. Considering both of the characters are birds. That sort of made it a little funnier.  

 

Overall, loved these books! My son and I definitely want to go pick up the rest of the collection. The pigeon knows exactly what he wants in both books. The drawings in these books are very simple but my son really liked them. I definitely recommend picking them up!

My Rating:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!