Monday, March 18, 2013

Mini Monday #30



Mini Monday: Where my son and I do two “mini” reviews on two children’s books. Each book will get a Thumbs up, Middle Thumb, or Thumbs down rating!

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce
Illustrated by Joe Bluhm
Hardcover, 52 pages
Published June 19th 2012 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository                               

Morris Lessmore loved words. 
He loved stories.
He loved books.
But every story has its upsets.

Everything in Morris Lessmore’s life, including his own story, is scattered to the winds.     
But the power of story will save the day.

 

So I just happen to notice the mention of an app on the back of the book. So I jump on my phone and sure enough there is an app that makes the book interactive! It was only 99cents and Mitchell thinks it is worth buying. Some of the pages just ended up being 3d with some noises, others you could click on something to see what would happen, but the coolest ones were when you could look around the room and see everything happening. One of the pages turns your room into a library. It was pretty neat.

The story itself was really good and we both really liked looking at all the full page pictures. The hardcover is a high quality made book. Very thick pages and you could just tell it was made well.

I definitely recommend picking this book up.

My Rating:

 

The Monsters’ Monster by Patrick McDonnell
Hardcover, 40 pages
Published September 4th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository
 

Once upon a time, there were three little rascals who thought they were the BIGGEST, BADDEST monsters around. Then along came an even BIGGER monster who changed their minds. And all it took was two little words.
In this playful tale from bestselling picture book author Patrick McDonnell, a very BIG monster shows three very BAD little monsters the power of boundless gratitude.

 
I loved the full page graphics in this book. This is another book that you can tell is made well. This has a nice moral to the story and showed that all monsters don’t have to be bad. There were a couple parts where Mitchell read to me. It’s always fun to read books where the characters are yelling or whispering. You really get to interact more and I can tell Mitchell enjoys the story more.

I definitely recommend picking this book up also!

 

My Rating:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!