Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #28


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper Blog where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wish-list for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wish-list and onto our wonderful shelves.


 

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Paperback
, 50th Anniversary Edition, 190 pages
Published 1991 by Ballantine Books
Goodreads|Amazon

Guy Montag was a fireman whose job it was to start fires, and he enjoyed his job. He had been a fireman for ten years, and he had never questioned the pleasure of the midnight runs nor the joy of watching pages consumed by flames ... never questioned anything until he met a seventeen-year-old girl who told him of a past when people were not afraid.

Then he met a professor who told him of a future in which people could think. And Guy Montag suddenly realized what he had to do ...

 
 
 
 
I’m a little embarrassed to say I haven’t read this book yet. Considering it’s a classic but then again I haven't really read any classics. I specifically want this cover because It is the only good one I have seen.  It seems to have pretty good reviews from all the people I am friends with on Goodreads. (Go friend me there if you haven’t yet!) Sounds like a pretty interesting book and I’m pretty sure I would like. I won’t ever know unless I read it though!

Have you read this book yet? What are your thoughts on it?

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad either. I haven't read it! The only time I've read classics was back in high school. I've never read em on my own... :) Bad huh?!

    Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad! I only "read" them in high school too. I use the term 'read' loosely. I'm pretty sure I read five pages total. haha

      Delete
  2. I'd love to read this book as well, maybe later on this year.

    Hope you get it soon. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if it's my kind of read, but I really hope you get it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my wishlist too, thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!