Saturday, January 26, 2013

Leibster Award!!


Liebster Blog Award

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserves to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)


4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.

Wow! Thank you so much Haley over at Beach Kissed YA Books for nominating me! I was really shocked. Kind of made my night! I have only been a blogger since July 2012 and I am truly enjoying it. I really hope to keep on with it.


Questions from My Nominator!

1.      What do you like about reading/reviewing books?

Everything! I have always loved reading. It was when I found Goodreads and the “BookTubers” over on YouTube that I really got into reading more and decided on starting my own blog. I have been introduced to so many good books that I don’t think I would have ever found.


2.      What do you dislike about reading/reviewing books?

I do get disappointed when I received/read a book that I dislike but then I just get to tell people why I didn’t like it and possibly keep them from wasting their time. I also feel like sometimes, because I am reviewing the book, I overanalyzing and end up not enjoying some of the books quite as much.


3.      Do you own an E-reader? If so, which one?

I don’t own an E-reader specifically but I did buy a tablet so that I could have all of the apps. I currently have the Kindle, Nook, and Kobo apps but I only ever read anything on the Kindle app.


4.      What are you currently reading?

I am currently reading Sneak by Evan Angler.


5.      If you had to choose, which character from a book(s) or series would be your favorite?

This is such a hard question! I walk away from every book liking each character for a different reason. It just like having a best friend, I have more than one of those, each for a different reason. If I had to choose I would have to say that Rose Zarelli from Confessions of an Angry Girl. I really loved her personality.


6.      Who is your favorite author?
       This is another hard question because I haven’t really read multiple books by very many authors. Stephen King is definitely pretty high up on my list of authors I like to read though so I will have to choose him. He has yet to disappoint me.


7.      Favorite Book Genre?

 I would have to say anything in YA except for contemporary romance novels and high fantasy. I really enjoy contemporary novels that have a “social situations” type twist.


8.      Do you judge a book by its cover?
       Absolutely and I’m not ashamed of it. I am way more likely to pick up a book I have never heard of if it has a good cover. However, I will still read a book that I’ve heard is good even if it has a bad cover or if the title draws me in then I will still read the synopsis. (That is only if I have never heard of the book.)


9.      If you could choose, what book character would you be?

 I’m going to have to say Alice from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. That’s only because I really can’t think of anyone else!


10.  What else do you like to do besides reading/blogging?
       I like to hang out with my kids/family. Other than that I am on the computer a lot or I am working.


11.  Do you prefer print or E-book copies?

Definitely physical copies. There is just something about holding a book and being able to see how much you have read and how much you have to go.


11 Random Facts About Me!


1.      I am totally obsessed with YouTube.

2.      I have more makeup and nail polish than a normal person should.

3.      I get random urges to do completely random things with my hair. At one point I even had a Mohawk.

4.      I am the Team Mom on my son’s baseball team.

5.      I am a high school drop-out but I got my GED at the same time I would have been graduating. I then went on to get an Associates of Applied Science in Medical Office Administration and a Technical Certificate in Administrative Office Administration. I am also certified in Microsoft Excel. My dad was so proud. J

6.      I have owned/played every Nancy Drew computer game that has been released. I buy them the day they come out.

7.      I can’t seem to make a laptop last more than two years because I use them so much. Even when I buy nicer ones.

8.      My husband thinks I am the pickiest eater you will ever meet. This is not even close to being true. I try more foods than he does.

9.      My average night includes myself, my husband, my 3 year old, 2 dogs, and a cat, all in our queens sized bed. I really don’t sleep that well.

10.  I refuse to wake up even 10 minutes before my alarm goes off and I get really mad if someone tries to get me up early. However, when my alarm does go off I have no problem getting up and starting the day. I never hit the snooze button.

11.  My husband and I took a cruise to the Bahamas. I got to swim with a dolphin.


My 11 (5) Nominees (no particular order)




Anis, Fidah, & Hazira @ Suppressed Thoughts

Brianna @ My Little World

I know I’m supposed to have 11 but I couldn’t find any more that hadn’t already just received one!! Leave a link in the comments if you know of more! I love finding new blogs. Oh and just for reference the first round of this award only had you choose 5 blogs. J

My 11 Questions to the Nominees

1.      Do you prefer Hardcover or Paperback books?

2.      What do you use to mark your pages (bookmark, piece of paper, dog ear)?

3.      Do you read the synopsis of a book?

4.      Do you mark/write/highlight in your books?

5.      Do you mind breaking the spine of a book?

6.      How many bookcases do you have and how are they organized?

7.      Who is your favorite Book Blogger?

8.      What is your most anticipated 2013 release?

9.      How much time do you spend reading in a day?

10.  Do have a specific time during the day that you prefer to read (morning, noon, night)?

11.  Do you give yourself  TBR for the month and do you stick to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!