Friday, October 26, 2012

Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum


Die for Me by Amy Plum
(Revenants #1)
Hardcover
, 341 pages
Published May 10th 2011 by HarperTeen
Goodreads|Amazon

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.
There are zombies in this book! Not the “I’m going to eat your face off” kind, just the “I’m going to come back to life repeatedly” kind. I was not expecting that at all. Especially what appear to be sexy zombies. I had no idea what this book was about when I picked it up so I can easily say that through me for a loop. It didn’t really bother me though.

There was what seemed to me to be a little bit of “insta-love” on the Vincent’s end but it wasn’t horrible. At least it didn’t end up all happening in the first few chapters. That was probably the biggest downfall I saw with this book and it didn’t bother me that much.

I loved that the setting for this book was in Paris. They talked about so many landmarks. I have never been there but it is at the top of my list of places to visit.

I recommend this book if you like zombie love stories or books set in Paris. I will be picking up the next book in the series.

My Rating:

1 comment:

  1. I loved this when I read it last summer :) I agree with you with the Insta-love though! There is nothing worse!

    Looking forward to Picking up Until I Die :)

    Great review :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!