Monday, October 8, 2012

Mini Monday #8


Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Whether you want to talk about something random or tell us what you bought, received, borrowed, or whatever! If it’s related to children’s books, talk about it!

A mini Review:

In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories by Alvin Schwartz
Hardcover,
64 pages
Published July 10th 2008 by Barnes & Noble (first published March 14th 1984)
Goodreads|Amazon

In a dark, dark room, in a soft, soft voice, tell a scary story--it's fun! It's fun to scare your friends with stories about ghosts and pirates, skeletons and strange happenings, especially if they are told by Alvin Schwartz and illustrated with spooky-funny pictures by Dirk Zimmer.

An ALA Notable Children's

This is an “I Can Read” book from when I was little! I’m starting to buy more of the easy read books because my 5 year old is starting to read and I would like to have a nice little collection for him.

I saw this book sitting on the shelf and my jaw hit the floor. I love finding books that I remember because I get excited when I can tell my son that I loved the book when I was little.

If anyone is thinking that they recognize the author’s name it is because he also wrote Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. I need to do some research and see what other books he has written because I obviously like him as a writer.

This is just a few “scary” short stories for kids; a lot like the Scary Stories books but for a younger reader. This is a great Halloween read.  My 3 year old even like listening to this book. He was pretty funny because he would point to the pictures and act like they were so funny.

I recommend this book if you haven’t read it.

My Rating:


Do you remember this from your childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!