Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #5



Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted by Dani at Pen to Paper Blog where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
Hardcover
, 269 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by Dutton Juvenile
Goodreads|Amazon

Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.


This was one of the first few books I added to my wish-list  on Goodreads. This was also the same time I was getting into YA books. So I have to admit I may have been judging some books by their cover… or at least that’s what would get me to look at them first.

I loved the cover of this book and combined with the summary I just had to add it. I’ve seen it many times in stores but I never pick it up because I have a thing about paying full price for books. The second I see this on sale somewhere I’m grabbing it.

Let me know if you’ve read this and if it’s worth buying.

What’s on your Wishlist?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!