Monday, August 20, 2012

Mini Monday: Review: Batula by Marco Cinello



Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Whether you want to talk about something random or tell us what you bought, received, borrowed, or whatever!  If it’s related to children’s books, talk about it!

Today is a “mini” book review!

Batula by Marco Cinello
Goodreads|Amazon
Paperback, 48 pages
Published August 7, 2012 by Image Comics

Livingston is a peaceful fruit bat whose life changes when he is bitten by a vampire and transformed into a vampire bat! As Batula - an avenging creature of the night - Livingston develops a taste for adventure and a need to prove that no matter what he looks like on the outside, he's still the same bat on the inside.


I thought this book was cute. It had a good moral to the story.  To me a children’s book obviously has to have a good story but the pictures are what really do it for me. That is what is going to keep the younger or more restless children engaged. This book had full two page graphics and a small section for the wording. It was very detailed.

My son sat through the whole story and was really taking in all the pictures. He said the pictures were one of his favorite things. His favorite part of the book was when he turned into a vampire.

I suggest picking this up for children that can sit through a book. It is 48 pages so there is some patience to be involved.  My soon-to-be three year old didn’t care about the book at all. My five year old was the one to really enjoy it.

Overall, I liked the story and loved the pictures.
Rating:

Have you heard of any other books by this author?
If so, Would you recommend them?

Let me know what you got for your “mini” this week!

*I received this book from the publisher and NetGalley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!