Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman


Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman
Goodreads|Amazon
Paperback, 204
Published July 24, 2012 by Harlequin Teen

THE BIGGEST STORY OF MY LIFE COULD BE HOW IT ENDS It's my turn to run a "Campus News" crew, and I've put together a team that can break stories wide open. And Washington Irving High has a truly great one to cover, if only we can find a lead.

A secret society has formed in our school. It announced its presence with pranks: underwear on the flagpole, a toilet in the hallway, cryptic notes. A circle of silence keeps the society a mystery. No one knows its members, agenda or initiation secrets-until a student lands in the hospital under "strange" circumstances.

I "will" blow this story wide open and stop others from being hurt...or worse. And while my ex, Jagger, might want to help, I don't trust him yet. (And, no, not because of our past together. That is "not" important to this story.)

But whether you find me, Valerie Gaines, reporting in front of the camera or a victim in the top story of the newscast...be sure to watch "Campus News" at 9:00 a.m. this Friday.


This was a ok story overall. I didn’t realize this was the second in a series but I was never confused. I believe this book follows a different set of characters. They referred to something once but they actually explained it.

I was sadly disappointed in the “villains” or whatever you want to call them. I figured it out rather quickly. Then when it was revealed at the end I was a little disappointed in the way the author did it. There was no grand “OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE HE/SHE DID IT!”

The ending of the book was really the better part of the book. Nothing about this book really made me want to not put the book down. It was only at the end that I actually wanted to keep reading and find out what happened next.

As for the characters Hailey and Bethany were both b!tches. I rather liked Jagger and Raul though.

I really don’t know how to explain this book because it just sort of makes me feel.. blah.. If you are looking for an easy read or you have read the first in the series then I recommend you pick it up.

Read on: Kindle
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!