Monday, July 23, 2012

Mini Monday! Dr. Seuss


Mini Monday is something I created to talk about anything related to children’s books. Whether you want to talk about something random, like today, or tell us what you bought, received, borrowed, or whatever!  If it’s related to children’s books, talk about it! If you decide to do this too I just ask that you link back to my page and let me know in the comments!

Today I am going to talk about Dr. Seuss. He is by far my favorite children’s book author. If we ever when the lottery I plan on having a collection of all his books. This is probably just as much for me as for my kids. We already have a nice stock going.

 Check out Seussville.com if you’ve never been there. The site has all sorts of information, games, and it’s just a neat site in general.

I won’t go into extreme detail but here are some interesting facts that I found on that site. Dr. Seuss was born Theodor Seuss Geisel, on March 4, 1904. In 1931, after finding out his wife can’t have children, Dr. Seuss wrote his first book, although it was never published. His first published book, And to Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street, was published in 1937. He wrote and illustrated 44 children’s book. He also wrote several books under the name Theo LeSieg (Geisel spelled backwards).

I’m not even sure I can pinpoint one specific book that I like best. They are all so fun to read and I know I’ve never found one that I didn’t like.  Here a I like though.

Gree Eggs and Ham
Published August 12, 1960

Horton Hears a Who
Published August 12, 1954

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Published
by October 12, 1957

One Fist, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Published
March 1, 1960


The Cat in the Hat
Published March 12, 1957

The Foot Book
Published
January 1, 1968








I really like so many of his books. What do you think of Dr. Seuss or Who is your favorite children's book author?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your opinions so please feel free to leave me a comment!